Monday, March 10, 2014

Online Interview

I actually enjoyed doing the online interview. I was a little nervous at first because I had never done one before. The interview online definitely had a different feel to it than doing one in person, for this I am grateful that I could practice! A challenge that I had was to not look down at my resume while speaking. In person, the interviewer can tell what you are doing, however, online it may appear as if you are scared or nervous. Not making eye contact usually is not the best idea in an interview; you need to appear to be confident!

As well as being interviewed, I also enjoyed doing the interview. This part didn't feel that much different to me from an interview in person; you do not have to worry about as many things as being interviewed. While starting the interview, we had some technical difficulties and lost connection. I am happy that this happened because it gave me a small taste of the real world. Something like that could happen, so now I know how to react in that situation! Overall, I loved the experience.

My employer: Coleman Edwards (5)

2 comments:

  1. Eye contact is the quickest way to gain respect because you are giving the most valuable asset in the world which is your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, sick graphic. Props to you. Also, you are so right. We can get so used to things being the same way all the time and even though the idea is the same, changing the feel can wig us out and throw us off our game a little bit. Confidence!

    ReplyDelete