Saturday, March 1, 2014

One Step Closer to the Future

I feel that this week was the week that most inspired me. We did many things that I will be applying through my whole college and job career. The two things that were most inspiring to me were learning about resumes and job interviews. This is something that I have always wanted to work on, but never really knew where to start. The last resume I had made was in high school and my last job interview was when I was a junior in high school. Before, I only had a very basic knowledge of how to create a professional resume and present myself in a professional way. I was amazed at the resume I was able to create with the instruction we received in class and in the book.  


What I most enjoyed during the week was doing mock interviews. I felt as if I were able to speak well and clear. However, at the same time, I was able to receive some great feedback of things that I can do better. I will be sure to remember what I learned and apply it when I have to do a real interview.

3 comments:

  1. I was very excited to work on resumes. I was amazed at how much I had done and yet horrified at how little. It is crazy to think about how much it will have on it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this too! Resumes and interviews make me want to run away. But this class has taught them well that they don't seem as intimidating anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the mock interviews too! I found it especially helpful because we were able to get feedback right after we were finished. I think the more we practice the skills, the better. I'm glad our class gives us the opportunity to!

    ReplyDelete