Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Sigh of Relief

This post is called, "A Sigh of Relief," because it was really a relieving class period! We met up in our groups today and finalized the finishing details for our team charter by picking a name and logo. Having a group of 4 guys, we decided to name our group, "Brethren." We also designed our group logo on paper and JD did an excellent job making it a reality. 
Another sigh of relief was that after another difficult grammar quiz, Professor Middleton informed us that the grammar quiz grades would not count towards our class grade. At this moment, everyone made an audible sigh of joy. However, these quizzes are still very important; they will help us prepare ourselves for the exams.

The other aspect of the program that I loved was the opportunity we had to ask personal questions to the class. We wrote down three questions that we wanted answered and asked them to our fellow classmates! This was perfect for me because one of my questions was how I can reach out to know more people. My professor answered me by telling me to do exactly what I was doing in that moment. I really liked her response and I will keep it in mind. To reach out, we really just need to approach people and talk to them. It is as simple as that! This will be something that I will continue to apply throughout my college career; I will take advantage to talk with others when I am next to them.

I am anxious to see what else I will be able to take out of this class and apply in my daily life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm loving the logo you guys did. Looks really good and professional. I also really liked the question and answer session we had with other students in class. I think it will be something that we will apply often during our careers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that activity that we did with the questions. It helps you realize that people have different perspectives and ideas that could be exactly what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete