Saturday, April 5, 2014

I'm Starting to Feel Professional!

This was a very fun week in MCOM. I got two see two different styles of presentations that I enjoyed very much. Even though they were two very different styles, they both communicate the purpose in a very clear and effective manner.

The first style of presentation that I watched was a very formal consulting presentation. This style of presentation involved a very professional PowerPoint and team participation. Each team analyzed multiple complaints for a company, wrote a formal report with recommendations, and presented this information to the ‘board of directors.’ There was a very professional feeling in the room while each time was presenting.

The second style of presentation was a conference presentation using a flip chart. This presentation was especially interesting to me because I have never used a flip-chart, or even seen one before. A flip-chart presentation, even though without a very organized PowerPoint, is a great way to present information in a very friendly and effective way. I was surprised at how well this style captured my attention and how easy it was to understand and learn the topic that was being presented.
 I have already presented my formal consulting report, but am yet to present at the business convention. I learned a lot about formal presentations and working with PowerPoint and am excited to see how I do working with a flipchart. I am sure that I will learn just as much with this style as I did the former. I am sure that I will be applying the skills that I have learned/will learn about presentations in my future work career.

No comments:

Post a Comment